How you can help during these difficult times
Like most charities COVID-19 has had a huge impact financially on Everyone Can. As a small charity we are now finding it even more difficult to get support. Since March we have had a number of fundraising events cancelled, and due to businesses struggling, support from Corporate organisations has also decreased.
With social distancing measures in place it is unknown when we can start organising fundraising events again so getting support is now crucial to the charity. Here at Everyone Can we help disabled people who struggle to socialise to gain confidence, have fun and make friends. We bring them together through the power of gaming! For some children who come to our centre it has taken a lot for them to come out of their shell and make friends. After speaking with parents it has become apparent that lot of the children have struggled with the changes lockdown has bought and are now feeling more isolated than ever. For physically disabled people who are unable to hold a regular gaming controller, gaming at home during lockdown hasn’t even been an option. If they don’t have the equipment at home their only chances to game is here at our centre! So getting the centre reopen in the next few weeks is now our top priority to ensure we can bring our gamers back together and help prevent them from feeling isolated.
We’re now busy putting social distancing measures in place to ensure we can get back to helping the disabled community, but as you can imagine this is also adding cost to the charity e.g. PPE, extra cleaning facilities, barriers, screens etc. Gaining support has never been so important to us, so if you think you, your workplace or anyone you know could help, here are a couple of ways:
- Donate , anything you can contribute could make a huge difference and help towards our accessible gaming sessions.
- Fundraise, we know at the moment group fundraising events can’t take place but what about setting yourself a socially distanced challenge! This could be on your own or as a team, here are some suggestions:
- Exercise challenges, luckily we’re still allowed to make the most of the great outdoors so why not challenge yourself to a walk up the mountains or a certain amount of runs a month. Set up your fundraising page and get people sponsoring.
- You may have done dress down days at work for charities in the past, why not mix it up and do dress up days on your weekly video call meetings! Grab your favourite fancy dress and all donate to dress up.
- Luckily for us avid gamers we can still get online and play against friends! Why not organise an online tournament with friends or colleagues? Or even set yourself an online streaming challenge where you get donations for a long gaming stint!
If you have any questions or need further support on how you can help us then please email us at email@example.com